In this last assignment, you will examine how politics and power influence an organization and its culture.
In business, power and politics greatly influence an organization’s culture and may hinder organizational productivity. As you continue to explore ways to increase productivity in your department, you observed how power and politics influence the corporate culture and the need to address the overall challenges within the organization. Based on your research, you will develop a proposal for your manager on how politics and power can influence the organization’s culture positively.
Write a 5—7 page paper that addresses the following:
- Influence of Politics and Power:
- Describe the importance of understanding the dynamic of power and politics within the organization.
- Explain how politics and power may influence the organization’s culture.
- Sources of Power:
- Discuss at least one source of power that could be applied to influence the department and improve organizational performance.
- Explain how management could use this influence to benefit the department and improve organizational performance.
- Leadership Behavior and Culture:
- Propose recommendations that support how the study of power and politics could influence leadership behavior and improve the organization’s culture.
- Leadership Influence:
- Discuss the importance and complexity of leadership behavior and how it influences organizational structure and performance.
- References and Citations:
- Go to the Strayer University Online LibraryLinks to an external site. to locate at least three resources.
- In-text citations are required when paraphrasing or quoting another source.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Confidentiality: Since you will be addressing real issues in real organizations in your assignments, it is important to respect confidentiality. Feel free to use an alias for any company or individuals you might mention in your assignments. Remember that all discussions about the organization should only occur within this course and not be shared with people outside the course.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Check out the BUS520 Library GuideLinks to an external site..
- Check out this interactive tutorial: Using Your Own Words: Preventing Plagiarism.Links to an external site.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Analyze the influence of politics, power, and leadership behavior on organizational culture.