NUR 3805 FNU Viewing Nursing as A Career or A Job
After reading Chapter 7 and reviewing the lecture power point, please answer the following questions.
1. Do you view nursing as a career or a job? What are your professional goals related to nursing?
2. Describe the steps you would take to prepare yourself to interview for your ideal future Nursing role?
Do you view nursing as a career or a job?
Both a career and a job, nursing may be both. It qualifies as a job in the sense that it generates income and has particular duties and responsibilities. However, it is also a vocation because it calls for a specific degree of training and expertise, presents chances for professional and personal development, and has the power to significantly affect people’s lives.
What are your professional goals related to nursing?
Depending on their specific career paths, nurses’ professional objectives might differ widely, however many share the following objectives:
- High-quality patient care: Many nurses’ main objective is to provide their patients with compassionate, efficient, and evidence-based treatment.
- Education and skill advancement: Through chances for professional growth and ongoing education, many nurses work to increase their understanding and level of expertise.
- Aspiring to leadership roles: A charge nurse, nurse manager, or administrator are just a few of the leadership roles that some nurses wish to hold within their companies.
- Healthcare outcomes improvement: Many nurses are dedicated to enhancing patient outcomes and advancing the nursing field as a whole.
- Making a difference in their communities: Whether through direct patient care or other activities, nurses frequently have a great desire to serve and make a difference in their communities.
These objectives, which frequently go hand in hand with personal fulfillment and job happiness, can inspire nurses to strive for excellence and significantly improve the lives of those they care for.
Describe the steps you would take to prepare yourself to interview for your ideal future Nursing role?
Research the Organization: Learn as much as you can about the company you are applying to, its mission, values, and the particular nursing position you are interviewing for before the interview.
Examine the job description carefully to make sure you comprehend the obligations, prerequisites, and expectations of the role.
Get ready with responses to typical interview questions: Why do you want to work in this role, for example, is a popular interview question that you should research and prepare responses for. what are your greatest assets and weaknesses?
Refine your abilities: Review pertinent nursing techniques and abilities, and be prepared to give concrete examples of how you have used them in prior roles.
A NOTE TO STUDENTS: THE ABOVE SOLUTION SERVES TO INFORM THE STUDENT WRITING HIS/HER ASSIGNMENT. IT MUST NOT BE SUBMITTED FOR EXAMINATION PURPOSES. IT SHOULD BE USED WIH ADDITIONAL RESOURCES TO WRITE THE FINAL PAPER
FOR CUSTOM ASSIGNMENT CLICK HERE WE’LL PREPARE ONE FROM SCRATCH.